- Coronavirus Vaccine: Expert Says, ‘We Need Time to Get This Right’ July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Expert Calls for Slow & Steady Approach in Vaccine Development
While the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine may seem as if it’s being run in slow motion, with most experts predicting a ...
- Superfoods and Your Immune System July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Food for Thought: Nourishing the Immune System
As football coaches and nutritionists know, the best offense is a good defense. In the fight against COVID-19, the promise of boosting the immune system with specific ‘superfoods’ is ...
- Navigating Uncertain Times with Hope and Optimism July 7, 2020Continue Reading
How to Adjust, Adapt and Embrace the New Normal
As we emerge cautiously from the safety of home into a world that seems comfortingly familiar yet irrefutably altered, ...
- Colonoscopies Without Fear June 1, 2020Continue Reading
Colonoscopies Without Fear
Recognize Colorectal Cancer Awareness by learning more about this lifesaving screening.
As one of the country’s most preventable illnesses, with a readily available test that is both diagnostic and therapeutic, why does ...
- Kombucha, Kimchi and More: Nutrition Spotlight May 1, 2020Continue Reading
Nutrition Spotlight: Kombucha, Kimchi and More
Researchers continue to examine the trillions of bacterial species residing in our gut microbiome to better understand their potential to help maintain health ...
- Impossible Burger & Beyond Meat: A Meaty Topic March 1, 2020Continue Reading
A Very Meaty Topic:
Plant based meats are a sizzling success
Found everywhere from grocery freezers to fast food counters, Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat have brought the plant-based burger from fringe to mainstream with remarkable ...
- Headaches – Types and Remedies February 1, 2020Continue Reading
Oh, My Aching Head
A dull pressure, a sharp pain, an uncomfortable pounding, a vise-like sensation – all can signal the start of a headache. A painful part of the human ...
- Antibiotics: Are You Aware? January 16, 2020Continue Reading
Are You Antibiotics Aware?
Spurred by Alexander Fleming’s serendipitous discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have rightfully become wonder drugs, often able to change the course of deadly bacterial infections in a matter of days. ...
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass half ...
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are ...